Lab results are too important to go anywhere else
Quality assurance and accreditation is a key focus of Beaumont Laboratory. In order to be awarded various accreditations, lab systems and processes must be in place. These include a quality management program, performance improvement program, competency assessment program and laboratory medical director oversight, along with additional structures and procedures. Our low diagnostic discrepancy rate on biopsies and surgical specimens between Beaumont Laboratory and reviewing institutions is 80 percent below published reference rates. Our care is meticulous in specimen handling, incorporating a bar-code tracking system.
Accreditations & Approvals
Beaumont Laboratories is accredited by the following prestigious organizations:
- American Association of Blood Banks (AABB)
- American Society for Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ASHI)
- The College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Children’s Oncology Group (COG)
- U.S. Federal Government Clinical Laboratory Improvement (CLIA)
- Molecular Center of Excellence (MCOE) - one of only 30 in the United States
- Registered with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Laboratory personnel certified by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) includes:
- Medical technologists
- Medical laboratory technicians
- Cytogenetic technologists
- Molecular pathology technologies
- Histocompatibility technologists
- Laboratory assistants
- Six Sigma and Lean are used to continuously improve quality and streamline processes.
- Quality assessment checks with very narrow parameters.
- Metrics monitored on a daily basis.
- Meticulous care in specimen handling, incorporating a state-of-the-art specimen tracking system with bar-coding.
- Live time GPS technology tracking.