MS Panel, Multiple Sclerosis Panel, CSF Protein Electrophoresis, Protein Electrophoresis CSF, IgG Index, IgG Synthesis Rate , ARUP #80440, EPIC: LAB6118, SOFT: XOLIG
- Testing requires both CSF and serum. Collect serum within 48 hours of CSF collection.
- This test includes: Albumin, Immunoglobulin G, IgG Index, IgG Synthesis Rate and Oligoclonal Bands.
Specimen Collection Criteria
Collect: Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) AND Blood.
- Cerebrospinal Fluid: 1.5 mL CSF in a sterile collection container. (Min: 0.7 mL)
- Blood: One Gold-top SST tube or one plain Red-top tube. (Min: 0.7 mL)
Blood sample MUST be drawn within 48 hours of CSF collection. Specimens need to be assayed together for interpretation.
Physician Office/Drawsite Specimen Preparation
Let blood specimen clot 30-60 minutes then centrifuge to separate serum from cells within two hours of collection. Transfer serum to a plastic transport tube and refrigerate (2-8°C or 36-46°F). Maintain CSF refrigerated prior to transport.
Preparation for Courier Transport
Transport: 1.5 mL CSF and 1.0 mL serum, refrigerated (2-8°C or 36-46°F). (Min: 0.7 mL CSF and 0.5 mL serum)
- Submissions that do not include both a CSF and serum specimen will not be tested.
- Specimens not collected and processed as indicated.
Ambient: 8 hours
Refrigerated: 8 days
Frozen: 1 year
Sunday - Saturday.
Results available in 2-5 days.
Qualitative Isoelectric Focusing, Electrophoresis, and Nephelometry.
82040, 82042, 82784x2, 83916.
ARUP #80440, EPIC: LAB6118, SOFT: XOLIG
Microtainer® and Vacutainer® are registered trademarks of Becton, Dickinson and Company.
UroVysion® is a registered trademark of Abbott Laboratories. ThinPrep® is a registered trademark of Hologic, Incorporated.
This directory currently reflects information only for specimens collected and/or processed at the
Farmington Hills, Grosse Pointe, Royal Oak, and Troy campuses.