High Molecular Weight Kininogen
HMWK, Fitzgerald Factor , LabCorp #500460, Esoterix #300123, EPIC: LAB6271, SOFT: XHMWK
Specimen Collection Criteria
Collect: Two Light Blue-top Sodium Citrate tubes.
- TUBES MUST BE FULL.
- Transport specimen to the Laboratory immediately after collection for processing.
Physician Office/Drawsite Specimen Preparation
For optimal results, maintain whole blood Sodium Citrate specimens at room temperature (20-26°C or 68-78.8°F) prior to transport. Transport whole blood to the Laboratory within 4 hours of collection. If transport within 4 hours is not possible, the following procedure must be followed for accurate results:
- Centrifuge the capped tube at 1500 x g for 15 minutes.
- Transfer plasma with a plastic pipette into a plastic polypropylene centrifuge tube, cap and centrifuge an additional 15 minutes at 1500 x g to obtain platelet poor plasma (PPP) which has a platelet count less than 10 bil/L. Plasma with a platelet count of less than 10 bil/L is critical for accurate results.
- Immediately transfer the PPP into two plastic tubes, 1.0 mL in each tube.
- Freeze (-20°C/-4°F or below) the PPP specimens immediately.
- Transport frozen on DRY ICE. Specimen must remain frozen during transport.
Preparation for Courier Transport
Transport: Whole blood in Sodium Citrate at room temperature (20-26°C or 68-78.8°F), or plasma obtained through the process listed above, frozen (-20°C/-4°F or below).
- Specimens not collected or processed as indicated.
Results available in 3-9 days.
Measurement of high molecular weight kininogen concentration.
LabCorp #500460, Esoterix #300123, EPIC: LAB6271, SOFT: XHMWK