Hereditary Pancreatitis (HP)
HP Mutation Screen, HP Known Mutation, Ambry Gen 8022, PRSS1, SPINK1, CFTR , Testing requires pathology approval prior to collection.
This test is not included in the Beaumont Laboratory testing formulary, however, the Laboratory can facilitate specimen collection.
- This test requires pathology review. Contact the Sendout Laboratory at 248-551-9045 before ordering this test.
- Testing requires the ordering physician to complete forms for the independent clinical laboratory performing the testing.
- This test will be billed to the patient's insurance. If not covered by insurance, the patient is responsible for the full cost of testing.
- Specimens received without the appropriate forms and information will not be shipped.
- Once approved, order test as a Miscellaneous Sendout (XMISC).
Specimen Collection Criteria
Collect: Two Lavender-top EDTA tubes, after obtaining necessary pathology approval. (Minimum Whole Blood: 3.0 mL adult, 1.0 mL infants)
Physician Office/Drawsite Specimen Preparation
Do not centrifuge. Maintain whole blood at room temperature (20-26°C or 68-78.8°F) prior to transport. Pathology review and all appropriate forms must be completed prior to specimen transport.
Preparation for Courier Transport
Transport: 8 mL whole blood with all appropriate forms and information, at room temperature (20-26°C or 68-78.8°F). (Min: 3.0 mL adult, 1.0 mL infants)
Specimens received without prior Laboratory notification and review.
Specimens not collected and processed as indicated.
Results available in 2-3 weeks.
Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR).
Testing requires pathology approval prior to collection.