Hereditary Pancreatitis (HP)
HP Mutation Screen, HP Known Mutation, Ambry Gen 8022, PRSS1, SPINK1, CFTR, Testing requires pathology approval prior to collection.
This test is not included in the Beaumont Laboratory testing formulary, however, the Laboratory can facilitate specimen collection.
- This test requires pathology review. Contact the Sendout Laboratory at 248-551-9045 before ordering this test.
- Testing requires the ordering physician to complete forms for the independent clinical laboratory performing the testing.
- This test will be billed to the patient's insurance. If not covered by insurance, the patient is responsible for the full cost of testing.
- Specimens received without the appropriate forms and information will not be shipped.
- Once approved, order test as a Miscellaneous Sendout (XMISC).
Specimen Collection Criteria
Collect: Two Lavender-top EDTA tubes, after obtaining necessary pathology approval. (Minimum Whole Blood: 3.0 mL adult, 1.0 mL infants)
Physician Office/Drawsite Specimen Preparation
Do not centrifuge. Maintain whole blood at room temperature (20-26°C or 68-78.8°F) prior to transport. Pathology review and all appropriate forms must be completed prior to specimen transport.
Preparation for Courier Transport
Transport: 8 mL whole blood with all appropriate forms and information, at room temperature (20-26°C or 68-78.8°F). (Min: 3.0 mL adult, 1.0 mL infants)
Rejection CriteriaSpecimens received without prior Laboratory notification and review.
Specimens not collected and processed as indicated.
Specimen Stability for Testing:
Room Temperature (20-26°C or 68-78.8°F): 3 days
Refrigerated (2-8°C or 36-46°F): 7 days
Frozen (-20°C/-4°F or below): Unacceptable
Specimen Storage in Department Prior to Disposal:
Specimen retention time is determined by the policy of the reference laboratory. Contact the Sendout Laboratory with any questions.
Sent to Ambry Genetics, Viejo, CA.
Results available in 2-3 weeks.
Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR).
Testing requires pathology approval prior to collection.
Microtainer® and Vacutainer® are registered trademarks of Becton, Dickinson and Company.
UroVysion® is a registered trademark of Abbott Laboratories. ThinPrep® is a registered trademark of Hologic, Incorporated.
This directory currently reflects information only for specimens collected and/or processed at the Farmington Hills,
Grosse Pointe, Royal Oak, and Troy campuses.